Thursday, June 28, 2012

The Addiction of Kickboxing

I'm having a little bit of anxiety. We are prepping to leave for "vacation" (I keep using air quotes when referring to this trip because when it's under the obligation to see family, I'm not sure it's really a vacation - though I'm still looking forward to getting out of here for a bit) in a little over a day, and I'm kind of freaking out about not having kickboxing. It's as though it's become some sort of weird addiction, and I need a daily fix. What am I going to do for two weeks without it? I know it sounds insane, and I'm sure many look forward to their time away, but I can feel myself panicking, trying to figure out what I'm going to do as a replacement.

We did purchase a couple of hand block/punching bag sort of thingies to get some punching/kicking in and a tension band to do a few things with, and I know we're taking out bicycles and we'll still get workouts in, but it's just not the same as going to class and having someone push me. It's to the point now that I almost don't even want to go on vacation because I don't want to miss the class. What is wrong with me? Seriously. I've never not wanted to get out and just go.  Honestly, I've never been one for routine, and normally I'd be burned out on this by now and only going a couple of times a week, but  with 6-8 classes a week, something is going to be missing from my life.

I am well aware that I need to just get over it and enjoy the time away, but I find it interesting that I'm experiencing true anxiety about not having that constant in my life. I suppose I'll just have to look forward to the return home and the excitement of not only kickboxing, but my bootcamp classes as well! Bring on the punishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are approved as quickly as possible as long as they are not spam, auto-generated, etc. While the word verification is a pain, it really does help weed out the non-real comments. Thanks for your patience.