Sunday, November 18, 2012

Changes to the Blog

(**This is a cross-post with the other blog - apologies if you're reading it twice)

Early this morning, I awoke out of a dead sleep... thinking about the blog. There have been rumblings brewing lately of closing up my bike blog and calling it done, but I've hesitated because I don't feel as though I'm ready to say "that's all folks." When I woke up suddenly before the sun had even an idea of coming up over the horizon, I had an idea and I think it's the best solution for me at this point in time.
Image source here
The blog here was originally intentionally separated from the bike blog because it focuses primarily on my weight loss journey, getting stronger, and various aspects of things related to health and fitness. I wanted a separate space initially for many reasons. First, I didn't want to bother those who come to the bike blog only to read about bicycles and various cycling related topics. Secondly, when it comes to the weight loss/fitness aspect of my life, I tend to be a bit more (okay, maybe far more) whiny and self-deprecating than when discussing bikes. Finally, in many respects, I simply didn't know how to combine two areas of my life without it seeming odd.

In the wee hours of the morning, however, I came to the conclusion that both blogs are suffering. While some people are able to maintain many separate blogs and keep them all updated on a somewhat regular basis, I am apparently not one of those folks. Everything ends up suffering in the end, and I don't write anything anywhere for long stretches of time, or I only seem to focus on one or the other.

The solution in my mind is simply to combine the two blogs. Unfortunately, for some that means that there will be personally irrelevant topics posted here at times, but at this juncture, it is the only solution that makes sense to me.  The changes will be taking place as soon as possible over the next several days.

So, what will you find now? I'll still be posting about weight loss, struggles, fitness, and so on, but I also intend to have posts about bicycles and cycling related adventures. I appreciate that some readers may part ways here, but my hope is that there will be overlap permitting readers to find something of interest here, and also allow me to focus once again on something that I enjoy doing - sharing the adventure of life.

If this is where we part ways, I just want to thank you for taking the time to check in and read here.  All of the topics posted in the past will remain in place for those who may find a tidbit of useful or helpful information. To get to the "new" space for this blog, please click here. I look forward to what is coming and being able to continue to share with those who have interest. This blog will remain up for a short time, but ultimately will be taken down as the posts have been combined with the other blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are approved as quickly as possible as long as they are not spam, auto-generated, etc. While the word verification is a pain, it really does help weed out the non-real comments. Thanks for your patience.