Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Grateful

It's not easy to lose weight. Many have said it and experienced it, but never in my life have I believed it more than now. While I'm not suffering (well, at times I am in pain - but it's good pain), I know that I work very hard every day in an attempt to transform myself. On occasion, I find myself whining more than I would prefer about said topic, and while I cannot promise that it will come to a halt completely, I wanted to take a moment simply to be thankful for what I do have and the things that I am seeing transform.
*Image found here
The other day, Sam and I were talking about some individuals who have lost limbs and are competing in olympic events. One man has lost both his left arm and leg, and yet he races on a bicycle. It's quite incredible, and when I see this I can't help but think that I have absolutely no reason not to achieve what I set out to do, nor to complain about a bit of pain after working out. I am seeing progress in the things I am able to do, even if I don't have a shrinking waist line. I am getting stronger - which is my number one goal.

Today, I am taking a moment to be grateful... grateful that I can work out to the point of exhaustion, grateful that I am strong, grateful that I have a supportive partner in life, and grateful simply for every moment of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are approved as quickly as possible as long as they are not spam, auto-generated, etc. While the word verification is a pain, it really does help weed out the non-real comments. Thanks for your patience.